Of the three drugstore Rite Aid has the most reward systems. There is a basic rebate system that gives you back a set amount on select items called Single Check Rebates, and a new Wellness+ card that earns +UP and other rewards.
Single Check RebatesThroughout the month Rite Aid will have select items that give a rebate back when you purchase them. The rebate could be the full value of the item or a partial value. On Southern Savers these are listed as:
-$4 SCR #34
That means you will get a $4 rebate when you buy the item. The “SCR #34” is telling you the Single Check Rebate number. This is only there to help you if you wanted to go to Rite Aid.com and look up the rebate for information. You will not need the rebate number or any other information about the rebate to file for it.
The great part about Rite Aid’s program is that you are reimbursed for the full value of the rebate even if you used coupons in the store. An example would be:
Complete Multipurpose Contact Solution $7.99
-$2 off Complete Solution SS 5/31
Total = $2 profit!
-$2 off Complete Solution SS 5/31
Total = $2 profit!
You will pay $5.99 for the Contact Solution in the store but when you get your rebate you will be reimbursed $7.99. So in the end you make $2.
How do you file for reimbursement?
Go to RiteAid.com and scroll down. You will see a link for Single Check Rebates. Click there and then click to Login. The first time you go here you will need to register, after that your information is stored and you will enter your username and password.
Once you are logged in click to enter a receipt, the system will prompt you to enter a few numbers off the top of your store receipt. After you are done click to save it. You will come back every time you shop and enter another receipt throughout the month.
At the end of the month when you are done shopping go to back to Rite Aid’s site and log in and click to submit your rebates to get your check. They give you a 30 day window after the month ends to ask for your check, and they will mail it out to if you haven't asked yet.
After you submit for the check to process it will usually take about 3 to 4 weeks to arrive. It does look a little funny with “Use this at Rite Aid” across the bottom, but it is a real check and your bank will take it.
Rite Aid recently made their own detailed official coupon policy. If you ever have issues just take it with you!
Things to remember
Most rebates have a limit of one per household. It could be a rebate period that is a week long or that lasts the entire month. Unless stated differently on Southern Savers assume that it is a limit of one.
If you want to buy a second one, you will need to purchase it in a second transaction and then you will need to set up a Rite Aid account with a different name and address. They will only mail one rebate to each house hold. This is a little tedious for most and helps to keep people to getting just the limit.
In ad coupons for Rite Aid will always say “Manufacturer Coupon”. They are not! They are store coupons and can still be used with a true manufacturer coupon. If your store attempts to tell you differently use the weekly ad to point out that in many places they ad will recommend that you do this!
How to Submit a Raincheck Rebate
Rainchecks will be honored for all rebate offers during any promotional rebate period. Rainchecks must be used within 30 days of issuance to purchase the product on rebate and qualify for the rebate. Your receipt must state "Raincheck" under the participating rebate product item to qualify for rebate.Remember:
• If you purchased the item on raincheck within the valid rebate dates then the rebate item will show on your account.
• If you purchased the item on raincheck outside the valid rebate dates then you will need to resubmit your receipt information to Special Services for manual processing.
Valid rebate date refers to the date the rebate item should have been purchased such as the entire program month or a limited time only rebate. If you have purchased the rebate item on raincheck outside of the specific dates on the website or in the directory of the rebate program then you will have to resubmit your receipt information for manual processing.
Rite Aid Wellness + Program
- You will need to grab a Wellness+ card when you are in Rite Aid (after 4/18).
- Every time you shop have your card scanned before checking out.
- Your card will keep track of your points and extra savings.
- You earn +UP rewards on certain items or purchases.
What’s the Program??
- Earn 1 point for every dollar spent on non-prescription purchases.
- Earn 25 points for every prescription you purchase.
|for every 125 points______||a one-time 10% off shopping pass|
|500 points||10% off all non-prescription purchases every day|
|500 points||free health screenings|
|1000 points||20% off all non-prescription purchases every day|
+UP RewardsThe second reward system at Rite Aid is the new +UP Rewards system. You will need to get a Wellness+ card either from the cashier in the store or by registering on their website. This is a shoppers card that triggers the sale prices for advertised deals and also tracks your purchases and makes +UP rewards print. +UP rewards are Rite Aid currency not coupons. So you can still use manufacturer coupons and any other store coupons with them.
- What are +UP Rewards? +UP’s are “coupons” that print on your receipt after you purchase certain products in the weekly ad. They will print on your receipt immediately after the necessary purchase is made. These can be used “like cash” on most items at Rite Aid. Be careful with your +UP’s . If they are lost or destroyed Rite Aid may not be willing to reset them.
- What can I use +UP Rewards on? +UP’s can be used on anything in the store except prescriptions, gift cards, tobacco products, alcohol, stamps, or milk.
- How many +UP’s can be used per transaction? As many as you want. However, the register will stop accepting them if they will make your subtotal (pre-tax total) negative.
- What is rolling +UP’s? Rolling means using the +UP’s you have already earned to buy items that will give you more +UP’s. You can even use these rewards to pay for items that have Single Check Rebates.
- There’s a promotion that says I need to buy $20 of products to earn a +UP Reward, is that before or after coupons? Before coupons.
- Do I have to finish a promotion in one transaction? Yes. The reward doesn’t
continue to track your purchases past this transaction.
- Can I buy more than one of a +UP deal? All +UP deals are supposed to be a limit of one. During the launch of the program the computers were letting everyone get as many deals as they wanted but we will see more and more limits imposed as the system goes into full effect.
- Exclusive store coupons just for your card!!
- Members-only sale pricing throughout the store
- 10% off Rite Aid Brand products every day
- 24/7 exclusive access to a pharmacist when you call 1-800-RITEAID
The Small Details
- Points accrued based on calendar year.
- Customers earn 1 point for every front end purchase. Excludes cigarettes, alcohol, gift cards, online purchases, lottery tickets, licenses, money orders, or items paid for in whole or in part by state or federal health care program.
- Customers earn 25 points for every prescription purchased when they scan their card at the register. Prescriptions paid for in whole or in part by state or federal health care programs such as Medicare or Medicaid are not eligible. Prescriptions filled in NY/NJ are not eligible.
- One-Time Passes delivered to members via email (or mail if no email address is provided). Members must present pass at check out to receive discount. When used with a sale priced item the customer will receive the lower of the discount price or sale price.
- Year long discounts will remain active through the end of the calendar year. Members will be informed of discount eligibility via email (or mail if no email address is provided). Members must present their wellness+ membership card at check out to receive discount. When used with a sale priced item the customer will receive the lower of the discount price or sale price.